Dogs Rule My Life

I spend most of my time with dogs and that makes me happy. I love dogs. I love training them, I love hanging out with them, I love throwing the ball all day long for them and I love it when their ears go back and their entire body wags when they are so happy to see that special someone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, WA, United States

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Life Stuff in a Nutshell

I hate my job so I have decided to quit. I have been looking for a job for a couple of weeks now and had a really great interview this morning at a place called Bone-a-Fide Dog Ranch. I applied for the position of doggie chauffeur. I would drive the bus to pick up 10-17 dogs around North Seattle and take them to the ranch. I would then play with them and clean up after them for about 3 hours and then drive them home. I would park the bus at my house each night. The interview went very well and I really like the ranch. The best part is that it is a Monday thru Friday job so I will actually have weekends off!!!!!! I should find out tonight if I get the job. If they decide to hire me, I will start Monday! Not much notice for my current job, but they know I want to leave. My boss here is a psycho. I could build up a nice massage business here, but I cannot deal with working with the owner/manager.

Fred (my co-trainer at Sound Animals) and I went to Montana two weekends ago for a dog training seminar with Jean Donaldson. We drove 12 hours to get there on Friday and the seminar was Saturday and Sunday. We now know more about each other (Fred and I) than we ever though we would need to know. After the seminar on Sunday we drove to Missoula to sleep and then drove on home Monday morning. The seminar was fabulous and I learned a lot about dog behavior and training.

Last weekend I helped my Padre and Momma Faye move to their swanky new house that was just built on my brother's property. They are getting settled into retirement nicely and will be able to watch Porter (my nephew) grow up.

Other than these things, I have been keeping busy helping teach obedience classes, trying to spend time with Devon, going to job interviews and trying to manage to get enough sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

I saw one of those dog buses once while out fishing. One of the craziest thing I've seen. Here comes this small yellow school buses rumbling down the road with a bunch of barking dogs in the seats.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home