Dogs Rule My Life

I spend most of my time with dogs and that makes me happy. I love dogs. I love training them, I love hanging out with them, I love throwing the ball all day long for them and I love it when their ears go back and their entire body wags when they are so happy to see that special someone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, WA, United States

Friday, January 08, 2010

Spinal Taps Suck

I had my spinal tap yesterday and I hated it. Do you know the feeling at the dentist when they give you the Novocaine shot in your gums and they pull in and out and poke around? Well, imagine that in your spine. That's what it felt like. He hit a nerve and I sorta yelled but he immediately moved the giant needle and the weird pain went away. I had some pain in my left SI joint right after the whole thing was over but it went away by the time I went to bed. I can't believe how fast I fell asleep last given the amount of caffeine I took in. I guess the stress of the whole thing just knocked me out.
So far I've followed the doctor's orders (except for sitting at the computer right now) and drank tons of caffeine and stayed flat on my back all evening/night yesterday and have managed to avoid the headache. I have some back pain that feels like a bruise deep in my spinal column but it's manageable. I go to see the Neuro next Thursday for the test results.
Supposed to take it easy today too and stay horizontal and drink plenty of fluids so back to sofa I go......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home