Dogs Rule My Life

I spend most of my time with dogs and that makes me happy. I love dogs. I love training them, I love hanging out with them, I love throwing the ball all day long for them and I love it when their ears go back and their entire body wags when they are so happy to see that special someone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, WA, United States

Friday, October 20, 2006

Stayed Home Sick Today


Last night as I was washing my hands when I got home from work I felt like someone took pliers to my right kidney and began to twist. I doubled over in pain, hit the floor and starting bawling, gritting my teeth and wincing to bear the pain. This was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life and it lasted about 5 minutes.
This morning as I was getting ready for work, it happened again. I couldn't even stand up the pain was so bad. I called work and let them know what was going on.
I have a company van that is used to drive around and pick up dogs. It's not the easiest job to cover when someone is sick. Sonja had to drive from Snohomish to my house, get my van, drive around and pick up my dogs, take them to the ranch, play with them for three hours, drive them all home, then bring my van back to me (I live on Beacon Hill) and then drive home to Mill Creek. Sonja kicks ass for covering me today so I could rush to the doctor's office, sit for an hour while chugging water so I could pee into a cup so they could test it to see what was going on.
Diagnosis: UTI and Kidney infection to be treated with antibiotic Cipro. Worst pain I have ever experienced.
All this to kick off the weekend...fun times ahead.

4 Comments:

Blogger kara said...

I have UTIs several times a year. I feel your pain, sista.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U-T-I shmooo-T-I.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl I've passed a kidney stone....lotsa pain. You child bearing women have nothing on me.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Kendra, this is Sarah. Ask Devon if you have no idea who I am. :) I found your blog through the "others'". Wanted to say hi and YES bring Thriller... :)Oh, and I'm a chronic kidney stoner. Ow. Vicodin to the rescue.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home