Dogs Rule My Life

I spend most of my time with dogs and that makes me happy. I love dogs. I love training them, I love hanging out with them, I love throwing the ball all day long for them and I love it when their ears go back and their entire body wags when they are so happy to see that special someone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, WA, United States

Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Real Haircut...sort of

So Tuesday night I went over to my friend Shelley's house to help her with her Christmas tree. Angela, who is a hair stylist, also helped. I asked Angela for a quick trim in exchange for a shoulder rub. She's a sucker for massage and I hate spending money for a haircut since they have been practically free for almost six years (because I worked in a hair salon/spa and traded for haircuts). In Shelley's kitchen, Angela worked some magic. She cleaned up the mullet-about-to-form back of my hair and then made my bangs all cute. Since March I have only had one "real" haircut and that was five minutes and five bucks in the chair to clean up my neck-region. I shaved my head and that saved me a lot of money on haircuts but it was past time for me to get a real haircut (I had been trimming my own hair with paper-cutting scissors which infuriates Angela when I tell her).
I have made the decision to not color my hair (because I can't afford it), grow it out a little and pay Angela for "real" haircuts ($60) every 8 weeks or so. I love my hair short but I need the damaging effects of hair color to help with styling my short hair so since I can't afford color, I can't afford short hair.
Maybe one day I will go bald again...it was the epitome of low maintenance.


above photo March 8th, 2006


I was trying to get a new picture of my hair and asked Devon to help and this is what I got:

You can still get a little glimpse of my new cute cut. Devon is currently heckling me about my blog about my hair...boys just don't understand so I put silly pictures up of him to get even :)

2 Comments:

Blogger kara said...

That is a cute haircut...but you have something large and unsightly attached to your face. You better get someone to look at that.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Ro said...

You look so good, bald and with hair. But to be honest I prefer you bald. It's so brave for a girl to brake some unwriten social rules. Is it usual, where you live, for girls to shave their heads. Here in Europe it is so boring latelly, almost all girls have boring pony tails. Have fun. Valmo

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home