Dogs Rule My Life

I spend most of my time with dogs and that makes me happy. I love dogs. I love training them, I love hanging out with them, I love throwing the ball all day long for them and I love it when their ears go back and their entire body wags when they are so happy to see that special someone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, WA, United States

Sunday, January 24, 2010

One Benefit of MS

Since my MS is affecting my lower spine, I have decreased sensitivity below my waist. What better way to take advantage of this than to get tattoos! I've gotten two tattoos since I've known about my MS and I could barely feel them. This could be dangerous......



This one was done by my friend Danny Warner from Classic Tattoo in Grass Valley, CA. There is a tattoo expo in town and he just happens to be there so I took advantage. I asked for a sugar skull and gave him total artistic license. The Day of the Dead is probably my favorite holiday and since I've lost a lot of loved ones over the last year, I thought this could be a tribute to all of them.

This one took close to five hours


It's still really swollen and will look MUCH better in a few days. All of the different colors colors will stand out once my skin isn't so hard, pink and irritated.



This one is in the middle of my low back (AKA Tramp Stamp). It was done by my amazing friend Megan. It is her artwork and it is a symbol for grief. I had her place it directly over the area of my spine that is being affected by the MS and giving me all of my grief. The cool thing about this one is that, if I want, I can have her fill in the cross and the symbol will then mean love.


If I had more money, I'd be covered in tattoos...especially now that I can barely feel them. Since I'm stuck with this disease and all of it's annoying side effects, I'm going to be taking advantage where I can so don't be mad Padre. I'm not ruining my body, just adorning it with things that make me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home