Dogs Rule My Life

I spend most of my time with dogs and that makes me happy. I love dogs. I love training them, I love hanging out with them, I love throwing the ball all day long for them and I love it when their ears go back and their entire body wags when they are so happy to see that special someone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, WA, United States

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Walk MS


Today, Scott, Laura and I did the Walk for MS in Seattle. It was a four mile course that started at the Husky Stadium, went to Gas Works park along the Burke-Gilman trail and then back to the stadium. Scott's mom and brother and his brother's friend came up from Oregon to walk with us. When Scott first told me that his family was coming up to support me/us I was a little upset...even a little mad. I didn't want them to see just how weak I am and to be concerned for Scott's future with me. So many people assume that I am going to be a cripple by the time I am 40 and the last people that I want to see me in a weakened state is my future in-laws. I ended up feeling honored that they drove all the way up here to walk with a girl who they barely know to try and learn more about this disease that I am stuck with. I felt supported in a way that I had never experienced.

Today was a real test in my endurance and strength. All week my legs have been weak and I was a little nervous about the walk today. I managed to make it two miles from the stadium to the park (barely). Once we arrived at the park we found out that there was a shuttle taking people back to the stadium. Laura and I opted for the shuttle and the others walked back. This was the first time that I actually set out to walk more than a couple blocks. It was tough. Adjusting to my limitations is mostly a struggle of pride. I am a strong willed, stubborn chick. When I started to get tired, Scott offered his arm for me to lean on and we walked side by side, no one the wiser that I was using him instead of a cane.

Having MS means learning my limitations one day at a time. Scott reminds me everyday that the nice things he does for me is because he loves me and not because I have MS. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such an amazing partner in my life who is here to support me no matter what life brings.

Me, Scott, Laura
GO TEAM BLITZ!




Scott and his mom Karen




♥ ♥ ♥






Thank you to everyone who donated money to help me reach my fund raising goals. Donations are being accepted until May 14th just in case you would like to donate to help fund research so that maybe one day we will have a cure for this mysterious disease. Just because I acheived my goal of $250 doesn't mean that you shouldn't donate ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Wonderful! Inspiring! You are truly amazing!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home